Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Haunted Appalachian Trail

I recently decided I wanted to begin section hiking the Appalachian Trail, and in researching for my first trip, I discovered that the trail has some haunted areas.  It wasn't a shock that it's haunted, but it was shocking that I didn't consider it at all when I started planning the trip.  Typically I start my adventures because of the paranormal stories associated with the area I'm traveling to.
So I began looking into things a little more.  I've decided to research the topic and come up with some stories of ghosts and other paranormal happenings from each of the 14 states the Appalachian Trail passes through.  I'm touching upon the stories on the hiking blog (Hiking 40 For My 40th) but I'll be taking a little more in depth look at some of them here on this blog. 
Since my first section hike of the AT will primarily pass through Maryland, that's the state I opted to begin with.  It's also the state I have the most knowledge about.  In fact, my belief early on is that Maryland's 40 miles might be the most haunted section of the whole Appalachian Trail. So stay tuned for stories about ghosts, cryptids and maybe some UFO's along the Appalachian Trail.

3 comments:

  1. Me Too! I was surprised at just how much there was along the AT in Maryland. Working on getting those posts written now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Any updates about the hike?

    ReplyDelete